Sunday 30 November 2014

The Healthy(ish) Brownie Recipe





























I do love me a good slice of brownie and ever since I discovered this recipe from Healthy Food Guide it has been pretty high on my list of things to bake. Not only is it super easy to throw together, the recipe doesn't contain any butter so is a little bit better for you than your standard recipe. Bonus, it's pretty much foolproof to make, if like me you end up substituting ingredients all the time.

Rather than use walnuts like the recipe states this time I used mixed berries, but I will say - keep the berry proportions to half a cup as I've been overly generous in the past and the recipe turns into more of a mushy pudding than a brownie that is able to be eaten with your hands. Either way it is still blimmin' delicious and the apple puree gives it a nice flavour that is sweet without being too sickly.

1 cup unsweetened apple puree or sauce
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar (I like to use brown or raw caster sugar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cups walnuts (or 1/2 cup mixed berries)

Step 1: Preheat your oven to 175 degrees and lightly spray or line a 20cm x 20cm baking dish.

Step 2: Place puree into a medium sized bowl. Sift in your cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add sugar and salt. Mix until just combined. Throw in the chocolate chips, walnuts or berries and gently fold into the mixture.

Step 3: Transfer mixture into a baking dish and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

Step 4: Allow to cool for 10 minutes before dusting with icing sugar and slicing. Enjoy!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sundays and Ink. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig